Chadwick’s Bury Black Pudding and the oven bottom muffin there are few food products more synonymous with Lancashire. If you combine the two and add an egg then you end up with a real Lancashire speciality “The Bury Black Pudding and Fried Egg Oven Bottom Muffin”.
How to make a Lancashire Bury Black Pudding and Egg Oven Bottom Muffin
1. Take a Chadwick’s Original Bury Black Pudding and slice it in two.
2. Place the two slices of black pudding under a medium grill and a cook for approximately 10 minutes until piping hot in the middle.
3. Slice a Lancashire oven bottom muffin into two pieces, a base and a lid (Sheldons bakery make great Lancashire oven bottom muffins).
4. Heat two tablespoons of sunflower oil in a small frying pan and add the egg. Cook the egg until the white is firm and the yolk is perfectly runny.
5. When the Bury Black Pudding and Egg is ready it’s time to construct!! Take the bottom slice of the oven bottom muffin (butter optional) and add one of the halves of cooked Chadwicks Bury Black Pudding.
6. Now carefully add the fried egg on top of the black pudding, careful not to break the yoke.
7. Now add the oven bottom muffin lid and enjoy the best of Lancashire!!!