If you are look for the ultimate accompaniment to one our juicy steaks it’s right here. Naughty but absolutely delicious!!!!
Duck Fat Chips - The best ever!!!!
Write a review
- 3 Quarts (3 litres) of Duck Fat
- 1kg Russet Potatoes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Heat the duck fat to 325°F in a large pot. Meanwhile, cut the unpeeled potatoes into ¼ inch thick french fries. Transfer to a colander and rinse under coldwater until the water runs clear. Drain, then pat lightly dry with paper towels.
- A handful at a time add the potatoes to the hot fat and cook for 3 minutes to blanch them. Remove with a slotted spoon, transfer to a baking sheet, and allow to cool. Set the pot of oil aside until just before serving time.
- When ready to serve, heat the duck fat to 325°F again. Combine the garlic and oilve oil in a small cup.
- Working in batches, add the potatoes to the hot fat, without crowding the pot, and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large stainless steel bowl. Scatter the parsley, garlic oil, and salt over the hot fries, tossing to distribute the seasoning evenly, and serve.
Albert Matthews - The Finest Meat Since 1935 http://www.albertmatthews.com/butchers-blog/